"At Covid Herts Counselling
we offer a free telephone counselling support service to elderly
and vulnerable individuals during the Covid-19 isolation period,
as well as NHS staff and care workers."
We are a group of therapists, counsellors and psychologists who
have come together to provide FREE telephone therapy
for those affected from the current Coronavirus Pandemic. We are
based in Watford, Hertfordshire and are serving the UK.
We abide by the Code and Ethics of the British Association of Counselling
and Psychotherapy (BACP).
- A free, quick and easy, connection
with a qualified member of staff to explore your concerns
- Confidential and non-judgemental
- Telephone support delivered to all
clients in a friendly, calm and compassionate manner
- Flexible sessions to suit the clients
needs and requirements
COVID Herts Counselling is open Monday to Friday,
with all of our therapists, counsellors and psychotherapists on-call
with clients who have been matched up to them according to the clients
needs and requirements.
Our qualified and experienced counsellors are here
to help you, so if you are struggling a this point in time, please
register with us, it's free and we are here for you.
- In these uncertain times we all have loved ones
who may fall victim to isolation
- Unfortunately so many of the elderly and most
vulnerable in our community are isolated and not having contact
with family or friends
- This service will be invaluable to these individuals
whose limited social interactions have been stripped away
In our telephone sessions, we will discuss
the same kinds of issues and do the same kind of work that we would
do in person.
Phone counselling is a growing field, and
people are finding it to be as effective as in-person counselling,
with many extra benefits;
- Telephone Counselling has the Benefits of Privacy,
Convenience, Accessibility, and Flexibility
- You can use phone therapy in the comfort and
security of your own home. If privacy is important to you, no
one else needs to know that you are receiving help.
- You can engage in the phone counselling process
from wherever you are home, office, away travelling on business,
or during a vacation, as long as you have access to a phone
- There can be more flexibility with scheduling
for a phone session
- If you live outside the Hertfordshire area,
and you feel a resonance with what you’ve read on our site,
you still have the option to work with COVID Herts Counselling
Telephone counselling sessions are usually 50 minutes.
Telephone counselling are not appropriate for everybody,
should you feel suicidal, homicidal, or like you want to hurt yourself
or someone else, call 999.
Telephone counselling is also not appropriate if:
- You are experiencing psychotic symptoms (hallucinations,
- You are addicted to drugs or alcohol and are
- If you have been diagnosed with a psychiatric
illness such as schizophrenia
In these cases, please see your doctor.